The Garden School: The Spirit of Edgehill

Files

Download

Listen offline (37.9 MB)

Loading...

Media is loading
 

Presentation Date

11-15-2017

Format

Mp3

Length of Recording

41:24 Minutes

Description

After the death of William Babcock, businessman and philanthropist, Edgehill mansion was sold to the Dominican Sisters in 1920. In 1946, Dominican College opened the The Garden School, which held pre-kindergarten and kindergarten classes in the mansion. Sister Patricia Lyons was founder and principal of the school until it closed in the 1980’s.

Keywords

Garden School, Edgehill Mansion, Dominican College, Dominican University of California

Disciplines

Higher Education | History

Comments

Image: First teachers and students for the Garden School, ca. 1946. Courtesy of the Dominican University of California Archives.

Rights

Copyright © 2017 Dominican University of California. All rights reserved.

The Garden School: The Spirit of Edgehill


Share

COinS