Journal for Case Teaching
Religion and Philosophy
- To explore personal integrity in environmental ethics.
- To understand the connection between environmental destruction and meat eating.
- To explore attitudes towards nature and nonhuman animals and the interconnections with attitudes towards various human animals.
- To explore the differences between individual and holistic ecocentrism.
- To explore how theology informs the question of whether to be vegetarian.
Stivers, Laura, "To Be or Not to Be a Vegetarian" (2002). Collected Faculty and Staff Scholarship. 31.
Publisher's version available at http://caseteaching.wordpress.com/cases